I work on the SAO
at the MMT
Observatory. My previous work was on the
My calendar for
2014 (excel) so far.
Telescope Mirror w/F-5 Baffle.............Hecto Positioner & Fiber chain...................
Positioner Robots During Service
F5 instrument photos
F5 storage in Loft and Common Basement
There were a several fires
near Mt. Hopkins in the last decade. One threatened the observatory, others rained enough ash that observing was suspended.
Interferometry Related Links
- Very Large Telescope Interferometer:
- The Infrared-Optical Telescope Array:
- The Magdalena Ridge Observatory:
- Optical Long Baseline Interferometry news:
- Center for High Angular Resolution Astronomy:
- Optical Hawaiien Array for Nanoradian Astronomy:
- * * * * * * * * * *
The summit has a great view of the western horizon as you can see in
this 6 minute
movie (~50MB, ~190 images) of sunsets through the year.
I want to thank Eduard Westra who contributed a few images on evenings I could not get photos from the mountain.