|Stuart McMuldroch, Chair
The Program Management Council (PMC) serves as SAO's senior advisory body regarding programs and projects. Its purpose is to assess project and program performance to enable the successful achievement of SAO's strategic goals, and to act as a management resource to SAO staff. Further, the Council will reinforce the linkages among the SAO Strategic Plan, Performance Plan, and budget process.
Primary responsibilities of the Council include:
- Oversee program management activities including planning, reporting, accountability, resource usage, budgets, schedules, and decision-making.
- Work in cooperation with the export compliance officer to advise projects on ITAR and EAR compliance.
- Act as a resource for the SAO community on program and project management.
Additional responsibilities of the Council include:
- Ensure that Observatory scientists make the best use of SAO Central Engineering core competencies in the formulation of new projects.
- Support the DO in the evaluation of B&P requests.
- Advise the DO on IR&D efforts, as requested.
Please click here to download the PMC Charter, approved March 13, 2013.
Meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday of every month.
Current PMC Projects
- Develop process for large and/or strategic proposals
- Identify large and/or strategic projects for review by PMC
- Develop SAO Agreements list and maintenance process
PMC Policies and Resources
E-mail link to PMC